Young Bumps2Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleeping?

4 posters

Go down

Sleeping? Empty Sleeping?

Post by lily123 Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Hey girls Smile

Okay i realise that having broken sleep is more than common in the thrid tri, but i'm having terrible issues when it comes to it :\
I aim to be asleep by 11PM and i usually am, but i wake up within the hour in a hot sweat, panicking, often screaming or crying and i have NO IDEA WHY Sleeping? Icon_eek Then i'm usually too worried to go back to sleep for hours and hours... and the sleep i do get i'm tossing and turning playing things over and over in my head. The weird part is, i have no idea what i dream about! It just feels like i'm restless (which is just bog standard in third tri right?)

I've spoke to my doctor about it, and he suggested speaking to a councellor. Now i was in a councelling programme from when i was 13 until i was 18 and i can safely say it did not help me in the slightest! My doctor said it'll be something i'm stressed about, but i'm not particuarly stressed (well, just the regular pregnancy stuff and a nightmare FOB) i've got my house sorted out and i'll be moving in in august, i know when i'm going back to work etc and there really isn't anything outstanding in my mind.

Did anyone else get this?

Really sorry for the long post but i am rather confused lol and i'd rather post this to you guys on here, whos opinions i trust, rather than post it on BnB for it to add to the list of pointless posts by newbies... Not that this is a pointless post, i am genuinely worried lol, you know what i mean i'm sure Wink

xxxx

lily123

Back to top Go down

Sleeping? Empty Re: Sleeping?

Post by Lil' Bug Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi! I'm in my third trimester also and I've been experiencing similar issues although not to such an extent as you! I often wake suddenly from a dead sleep for no apparent reason sweaty and frightened. I sometimes hear things that cause me to frighten easily such as a loud knock on the door or the dog barking. My boyfriend insists its just my imagination and that I'm hearing things! However, I usually have trouble falling back to sleep after getting such a fright. I haven't spoken to my doctor about it but the only logical explanation I can come up with is its our hormones being completely out of whack!! Obviously pregnancy causes many changes both physically and mentally and I can only assume this is one of them! I understand how you feel and my heart goes out to you. Some advice would be to try and calm yourself by taking slow, steady breaths as soon as you awake, followed by a big glass of water. Sometimes the foods we eat before bed can cause nightmares and interrupt out sleeping patterns. Also if dreams are some of the cause you could try keeping a notebook by your bed, that way if you remember parts of your dream as soon as you wake you can write them down. Dreams sometimes interpret how we are really feeling and there are some great sites online that can tell you exactly what your dreams mean! If this is really something that is bothering you, I'd most definately continue discussing it with your doctor as you don't want any added stress, being pregnant is alot to handle already! I'm no expert by any means at all but I hope I've been of some help to you sweetie! Hope you feel better and keep us updated! Sleeping? Herz
Lil' Bug
Lil' Bug

Back to top Go down

Post by meganracheal Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:45 pm

You're not alone sweetie, I am going through it, to the point where I look like a racoon now I get so little sleep.
I wake up freaking out for no reason either.. except my doctor just said cope with it. lol
I agree though, talking calming breathes does help me with the freak outs after. lately i've found that reading helps me sleep, or watching sports channels.. I used fall asleep instantly when they were put on Razz. haha.
meganracheal
meganracheal

Back to top Go down

Post by SupriseBump_x Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Iv read somewhere that its all your subconscious worries and fears about having a baby and being a new mum... xx
SupriseBump_x
SupriseBump_x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum