Young Bumps2Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you friends act differently?

+10
lily123
lizardbreath
Lyrah
allier276
mumtodavidandsmallbump
Love Bunny
Jellyt
Lil' Bug
flutterby
QuintinsMommy
14 posters

Go down

Did you friends act differently? Empty Did you friends act differently?

Post by QuintinsMommy Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:32 pm

When I 1st got pregnant, My one friend tried to get pregnant too, lots of my friends didn't want to hang around me anymore.

I'm 19 :O , I thought they would be normal about it.
Did anyone else friendship change alot when your were pregnant?
QuintinsMommy
QuintinsMommy

Back to top Go down

Did you friends act differently? Empty Re: Did you friends act differently?

Post by flutterby Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Not so much when I was pregnant, but pretty much lost all my friends after Jak was born Did you friends act differently? Icon_sad

flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil' Bug Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:56 pm

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who experienced this! I can count on one hand the number of friends who still talk to me and the number that come see me are even less! My best friend of 12 years completely dropped me because I was no longer into the party scene..like WTF!! I mean I've been out of school for almost 2 years with my own place and my own life..a baby shouldn't have been a major shock to anyone! I guess with a life changing experiences such as this you quickly learn who really matters in your life and who never did! ..that felt good! I've been wanting to vent for sooo long about this! Did you friends act differently? Icon_biggrin
Lil' Bug
Lil' Bug

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellyt Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:17 am

I've found that I have a few friends who still come 'round/ask how I am but my friends that are at university mostly don't bother anymore. I know my life is going to be different to theirs now but I stopped getting invited to things with them ages ago. Don't think they realise i'm prenant not disabled. Anyway, I still have a few friends who I can rely on but they don't live in the same county (I moved two years ago). They're only a 30min train ride away but it's not the same as having someone down the road like I used to. My OH is honestly my best friend!!

Jellyt

Back to top Go down

Post by flutterby Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:32 am

hugs for all that need them, it's really sucky isn't it, but my OH and hi sfamily and my family are all great friends, and when I eventually start uni and working again, I will build up some new friendships

flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post by Love Bunny Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:46 am

Awww poor you Sad you will deffo know who your friends are!!

I haven't been too bad off tbh, but then again I have been friends with all my friends for over 10 years so we're all inseperable no matter what happens! we don't see eachother an awful lot, maybe once a week but we never forget eachother Smile

Its not just because of having a baby, when people grow up they grow apart because you have different lives! some of my friends are still at college, some work full time, some have babies, so our lives no longer revolve round eachother like they used to!

Once youve settled down with your baby tings will all fall into place Smile its just readjusting thats the hardest part xxxx
Love Bunny
Love Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtodavidandsmallbump Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:54 pm

now david is here i have no one they say they will come up but dont, and now im pregnant again they say im nuts i just cant wait to move up to orkney my old best friend is pregnant so i will never let it happen to her as i have been through it feeling lonely is horrible when u have children it would be good to have friends because u might just need a good old cuddle from time to time Did you friends act differently? 79991
mumtodavidandsmallbump
mumtodavidandsmallbump

Back to top Go down

Post by allier276 Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:15 am

aww, hugs to everyone.. Smile
i'm still pregnant and had it a bit, but mainly the thing i've noticed is people talk to me all nicely (to try and find out info), then go and talk behind my back and gossip.. Sad but i'm getting used to it, and i know i can trust my good mates, and the rest i just don't bother with.. i've made some new friends too!! so i can't complain xx
allier276
allier276

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyrah Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:35 am

I have to say I've got some really good friends who all seem quite excited about my pregnancy and ask how baby is doing. However, one of my friends acts really weird towards me. I almost feel like I'm not allowed to talk about my pregnancy or my baby or she will just go all distant and weird on me and I find that hurtful really. I'm not sure whether it's jealousy or what... but it makes me feel kind of awkward. Sad xxxxx
Lyrah
Lyrah

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardbreath Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:58 pm

My Friends Completely Dropped me I have very Few that actually still even Try to talk to me . My one friend scince I was 5 told me a few weeks ago , That Im a waste of life , and that My daughter will grow up and probably be like me , Pregnant at 18 or younger , she told me Im not a Good mother and that My daughter should of been Given away or delt with Before, So i just refuse to Talk to her Ive deleted her off Facebook and Msn. and my other Friend ( orignially her godmother Not anymore due to Issues) She was So Mad that I had a Baby before her that she Just up and stopped talking to me.
lizardbreath
lizardbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by lily123 Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Before i found out i was pregnant we were a really tight group and practically lived in each others pockets, proper obsessed with each other lol.

We're all Musical Theatre students so as you can imagine, everything was a big needless drama and i got kinda sick of the immaturity of it all :\ i was always the 'voice of reason' amongst my crazy friends and the most 'sensible' - although i wasn't lol.
I was obsessed with the safety of my pregnancy until i was 24 weeks so i wouldn't stand around them when they were smoking (and that was all the time) i couldn't just go out or crash somewhere randomly, i felt generally really unsafe with them, whilst i was trying to protect and look after my pregnant self, they got bored of me and we just kinda drifted away. I'm still friends with them all to this day, just not as close as before, their lifestyle - my old lifestyle - just isn't appropriate for an expectant Mum, it was like bloody return to neverland haha i had to go grow up Wink However i've got 4 AMAZING mates who completely understand. i feel very very safe and comfortable with, i spend most of my time with them.

It's gonna be really hard in september though because they've all been accepted into Theatre Schools in London and they'll all be moving down there. Time to make some new friends! xx

Last edited by lily123 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : some major typos there...)

lily123

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyHayleyJosMom Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:11 pm

I lost all my friends Sad but I gains alot on these forums! And you are all great sunny

AllyHayleyJosMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauraxamy Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:39 am

Alot of people just don't bother with me now I have LO, some dropped me when I was first pregnant others were really excited about me being pregnant but now I have LO don't bother Sad
Lauraxamy
Lauraxamy

https://www.facebook.com/classicujuliette?v=wall&story_fbid=1

Back to top Go down

Post by SummersMummy Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:16 pm

A few of mine have drifted away but TBH being pregnant taught me who my real mates are Smile
SummersMummy
SummersMummy

Back to top Go down

Post by {Nicole} Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:17 am

I lost alot of friends, in fact I've only been left with one. Kinda sucks
{Nicole}
{Nicole}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum