Young Bumps2Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

work

2 posters

Go down

work Empty work

Post by ameerah Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:43 am

I was working when I got pregnant with my son, and continued to work full-time until about a month before he was due. I then started my maternity leave so that I would have time to get things ready for him before he was born.

When my son was 4 months old I went back to work part-time, one day a week. However due to the fact that my son was breastfed and wouldn't take formula and I had a hard time pumping at work, I had to quit when he was about 6 months. When he was about 8 months my friends got a foster son, who I started watching two days a week. This worked out much better because I could take my son along.

Now, I get some benefits, but work 2 evenings a week as well as Saturdays. I LOVE and ADORE my son to bits. He is the apple of my eye, but I find that getting out into the work world where I have adults to talk to does me a world of good, and I really believe that it allows me to value and cherish the time that I do have with my son. Not only that, but it allows me to have adult relationships when otherwise I would have none. So for me personally I think it has been helpful. I would ideally like to go down to working 2 shifts a week only, but because I just recently started, I am going to wait a little bit before I ask about that. Smile
ameerah
ameerah

Back to top Go down

work Empty Re: work

Post by KrisKitten Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:42 pm

Wow, what a committed mummy you are Smile
I knw what u mean about needing some aadult interaction lol....im starting to get cabin fever lol xxxxx
KrisKitten
KrisKitten

Back to top Go down