Young Bumps2Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voice of experience?? :p

+4
KrisKitten
Sazzles
flutterby
Mommymonster
8 posters

Go down

Voice of experience?? :p Empty Voice of experience?? :p

Post by Mommymonster Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:45 am

OK, so I may be a bit older but hey, BEEN THERE!

My oldest was born 6 days before my 18th...hes now 16yrs old.

I am expecting baby #5 and thought this would be a awesome place to check out. I hope I can be of some kind of assistance wether it be advice, if anyone says "doh... I need a ______" ( I may have a spare _____ ) lol.

Was a single mom of 3 boys until the wonderful day in 2008 when met the man brave enough to say "heck..why not", and got married. Yes, do the math.. almost married 2 years, due with #5 in April, youngest it almost 1...got preggo FAST!...both times.

Anyways, look forward to chatting with you all!

Mommymonster
AKA Jenn
Mommymonster
Mommymonster

Back to top Go down

Voice of experience?? :p Empty Re: Voice of experience?? :p

Post by flutterby Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Very Happy Lovely to 'meet' you

How are you finding it with (I assume) a big gap between your eldest 3 and your youngest?? We won't be having anymore for quite sometime after Noah arrives, but that's not to say I don't want more once I'm fully trained and have my dream job Wink

flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzles Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:59 pm

Welcome to the site hun Very Happy!!

i also had my two VERY close together haha (hes due 2 weeks after her 1st birthday!) x
Sazzles
Sazzles
Admin
Admin

http://youngbumps2babies.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KrisKitten Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi Very Happy
welcome to the site,
its great to have someone with clearly so much experience as part of our community Very Happy xxx
KrisKitten
KrisKitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommymonster Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks for the Welcomes!

I actually found it nice with the huge gap in ages between my oldest 3 and the youngest, I now have a built in babysitter, I know if I have to do dishes or run for milk etc that his brothers are there to keep an eye out for him.

The 8 year old is loving his youngest brother as he is at the oooh ahh age and loving teaching him things, the 4 year old of corse wants to play with Babys toys all the time so they both get entertained!
Mommymonster
Mommymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by KrisKitten Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Sounds like a really perfect family <3
Smile xxxx
KrisKitten
KrisKitten

Back to top Go down

Post by stuffymuffy Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Welcome Voice of experience?? :p 640252
stuffymuffy
stuffymuffy

Back to top Go down

Post by QuintinsMommy Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi, I'm 19 and I'm a single mom.. I have a few questions and I'm sorry if i get too personal!

do your 3 oldest have the same dad?
what happened between you the father?
When did you start dating again? was it hard?

oh and Welcome!
QuintinsMommy
QuintinsMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommymonster Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:25 am

Not too personal, its my life and I have no regrets, Thats why I am here, to share and hopefully help out!! Voice of experience?? :p Icon_biggrin

My 3 oldest are different fathers.

K-16yrs, met his father when I moved to Vancouver from my parents.. Hot and heavy for a bit, then he got physical, hit me in public, punched him back (resulted in him with 2 black eyes and his friends/business partners being disgusted with him) so I left him. Got home and found out I awas 6 weeks preggers. Still looking for him for support!

J-8yrs, Met his father going to school. Was all good, and he was too into drinking and partying instead of being a dad at that time. We broke up and he is still around, Takes J every second weekend and the only father with and sort of responsibility..( he has since given J a little sister and a really nice step-mom)

A-4yrs, Actually met at a bar...yes I know.. Did not hook up until months later though, dated a bit, eventually moved in together, not so good at the living together thing, different personalities get along great outside sharing a residence. I found out I was pregnant and he sort of moved out in every way but physically until I told him to go. Have maintenence order for him but...when he pays it is maybe every 6 months. Have not seen him in about 3 years.

The Man I married I met at work. Whirlwind romance, went camping with me and my kids and never really left! He spoils me rotten. Cooks, Cleans, is @ home right now while I work for hours to get my Maternity hours for EI leave (been 4 months now for Mr Mom aka Homedaddy with the 2 youngest) He does his little runs to the store for my cravings, gets up when the youngest ( Q-1yr) crys for a bottle at night.

All I have to say is...Be true to yourself, test the waters, date! but remember that its not just you, so don't settle on JUST ANYONE... Mr. Right is out there and he will find you! (ok sounds a bit stalkerish but its true!)

Thing that gets me is Make sure you dont close yourself off to someone who might be him, and you would not normally date, for example...my hubby is 28, I am not a big dater of younger guys but he won me over. Voice of experience?? :p Herz
Mommymonster
Mommymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by QuintinsMommy Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:10 pm

thanks, right now I JUST started things to try to get child support for my son, but the father skipped town..
you said with your 1st ,your still looking for him for support, is this rare or does it happen often ?
QuintinsMommy
QuintinsMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommymonster Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:19 am

I am not too sure actually, I know from internet searches ( by his job) he is a goldsmith and a very unique name he moved to the states for quite a few years and I couldnt do anything with him there, Maintenance looked for him every few years and came up empty.
I just found him on...WOOHOO FACEBOOK!
of corse it is tricky, trying to get him to accept me as a friend by saying he made me something a few years ago and wondering if it is the right guy (photo says yes, bit older but its him)
Now the trick is to find a bit more info and send it to maintenance.
From the photo it seems that Kristian has at least 1 younger sister which is kind of cool... but I dont think that the father wants anything to do with him, or will acknowledge him, so have not said anything to Kristian yet. Maybe let him know and see if he wants to contact him, he's old enough now that I have told him what happened between his father and I.
Mommymonster
Mommymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by QuintinsMommy Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:09 pm

when he was younger, did he ever ask about his dad? and what did you say?
QuintinsMommy
QuintinsMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardbreath Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:31 pm

All I have to say is...Be true to yourself, test the waters, date! but remember that its not just you, so don't settle on JUST ANYONE... Mr. Right is out there and he will find you! (ok sounds a bit stalkerish but its true!)

I have to say this makes me So happy your story is so Heart breaking with Such a Happy ended .
lizardbreath
lizardbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyrah Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:48 am

Helloooo Very Happy

Welcome, nice to have someone here who has been there before! Smile

xxxxx
Lyrah
Lyrah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommymonster Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:44 am

Preggoeggo wrote:when he was younger, did he ever ask about his dad? and what did you say?

He asked about his dad a bit and for the first while (since he was young) I just said things did not work out, we "fought" which at his age ment yelling. Once he got older and was able to understand a bit more...ok maybe not old enough but mature enough, I explained the fighting included hitting and I was not safe, so I left him. He knows his dads name and I have some Jewellry that his father made me while we were dating, he will recieve that... when he is mature enough for that!
Mommymonster
Mommymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by QuintinsMommy Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Quintins father started emailing me, and told me he will be back in town easter weekend and wants to see quintin...grr.
QuintinsMommy
QuintinsMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommymonster Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Preggoeggo wrote:Quintins father started emailing me, and told me he will be back in town easter weekend and wants to see quintin...grr.
Depending how you feel, you could always meet somewhere. I dont know about your living situation..parents/room mate, but I found it easier to have someone there for the first few times at least.
Odds are it wont be a whole day thing, and probably just a quick visit. Make him a coffee/ be a good hostess, let him visit where your comfortable seeing him, and just think Quin will get tired and need a nap, theres your out when it gets akward. When he comes in, if it is around 10am for example, just let him know the little guy will probably need his 12:00 nap, so your more than welcome to stay until then, his nap time will not change for him.
Stand your ground and don't let him guilt you into anything your not comfey with...heck tell him you both need your nap at 12. Then he will not try to stay when Quin is sleeping, hanging out with you..
Mommymonster
Mommymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by QuintinsMommy Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:40 pm

true we will see if he even comes back
QuintinsMommy
QuintinsMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommymonster Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Let us know how it goes hun!