Young Bumps2Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Routines

5 posters

Go down

Routines Empty Routines

Post by Sazzles Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Is anyone willing to share their routines?

Just to give any mummies who are struggling at the moment a bit of advice or give them an idea on routines that seem to work well x
Sazzles
Sazzles
Admin
Admin

http://youngbumps2babies.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Routines Empty Re: Routines

Post by Love Bunny Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:43 am

My personal routine is this...

WE HAVE NO ROUTINE Very Happy !

Karma sets her own everything, I just go with the flow! She feeds when she's hungry, she sleeps when she's tired and basically sets her own standards! It works brilliantly for us as she's never hungry, over tired or grumpy Very Happy ! She also sleeps through the night aswell!

I think the key to finding your happy balance is letting baby take the lead, they will eventually sychronise their habits to yours! We go to bed at 10 every night and get up about 7 so over the last 8 weeks she has learnt this and adapted her sleeping and eating habits to match ours Smile ! x
Love Bunny
Love Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo16 Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:20 am

aww she is such a good girl!!
i have a routine but its alice who made it
she has a bottle every 3 or 4 hours she will let me no lol!
she has an evening botle about 8 and has a bath at 10 and then has another bottle and has a cuddle and goes to bed. she will usually be asleep by 11 and the last week shes been sleeping through untill half 6 Very Happy

i find it alot easier to let alice have things her away aswell lol

she is quite nosey though and if anyone is here she wont sleep because she doesnt want to miss anything and then she sometimes gets over tired!!
jojo16
jojo16

Back to top Go down

Post by flutterby Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:47 pm

I'm pretty laid back when it comes to routines, when my LOs were tiny it was totally on demand, but as they got older they needed a little more to it, I get them to bed between 7 and 10PM and give them meals at 'normal' mealtimes Very Happy

flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post by Love Bunny Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:37 am

I don't get it when parentsw leave their kids to scream in hunger and tiredness cause they "don't want them to have a nap or eat yet"

I would rather just give in and let my baby be happy Razz
Love Bunny
Love Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzles Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:57 pm

we kinda have a routine'ish, its not set though shes pretty much always done her own thing too Smile

we've always tried to do a bed time routine e.g. she has her bath then we go in her room and get changed and bed etc so she recognises its bedtime but weve never been strict with when shes fed or anything

i kind of set her naps in the day because i know when shes tired and she will only fall asleep if i put her in her cot with her bottle other wise she'll fight it ALL day and get herself extremely worked up and upset

at night she goes in her cot around about 6 ish and will sometimes get up and talk to herself haha but she'll not get up for morning time until about 9am Wink so its great!

this time ill try a routine once max is a few months old because i can imagine having a 18month old and a 6 month old each doing there own routine and wanting to be fed at seperate times etc will be hard to follow on my own! but like i said im not strict with anything and pretty much will let them do what they want LOL x
Sazzles
Sazzles
Admin
Admin

http://youngbumps2babies.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xx~Lor~xx Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:49 pm

I've found myself to have fallen into a routine, without actually setting one before hand if that makes sense? When Robyn was younger, it was always everything on demand, she'd wake whenever, breastfeed whenever, sleep whenever. It was completely up to her.

Then I started sort of noticing when she would get tired in the evenings and i would get her down about 9pm. Gradually it just cut down, and now she goes to bed between 7.15 and 7.30.

But basically my routine:

7.30-8am Bottle
9.30-10am Breakfast
1-1.30pm Lunch
3.30-4pm Bottle
5.30-6pm Dinner
6.30ish-7pm bath time
7.15-7.30pm bottle in bed.

Roughly anyway. I try to stick to that otherwise madam gets grizzly, she's very settled in her routine, like around 3.30/4ish she'll get really grizzly, letting me know bottle time is near. And if you go pass 7.30 and she's not in bed, she's so moody!

We don't have any set nap times. She sleeps so well at night, and usually if she wants a sleep she'll come over for a cuddle and tickle back and fall asleep next to me or on me. Or sleep in the car. It works well for us.

Hopefully it'll still work when new LO comes along and be feeding and everything on demand.

xoxox

xx~Lor~xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum