Young Bumps2Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What made you want to BF or FF

+3
Sazzles
Love Bunny
jojo16
7 posters

Go down

What made you want to BF or FF Empty What made you want to BF or FF

Post by jojo16 Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:58 am

i really wanted to BF but because alice was rushed off at birth i never got the skin 2 skin i wanted and she had 2 spend 3 days in neo natal being fed through a tube and then a syringe she just would not latch on i had loads of people helping but nothing worked. because i had a forceps delivery i was in soo much pain and couldnt sit down for long or stand up so we were both getting really upset.

i decided to express and she took about a week to figure out how 2 suck a bottle. i expressed for 2 weeks and then eventually gave up and switched to FF. at first i hated seeing all my milk go to waste but now i happy with FF i think theres so much advantage for both.

so what made you decide how to feed your baby? xxx
jojo16
jojo16

Back to top Go down

What made you want to BF or FF Empty Re: What made you want to BF or FF

Post by Love Bunny Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:01 pm

I decided to FF from the start as to be honest I knew it'd be too much strain to BF. I didn't want to risk my first few days with my baby feeling disappointed, stressed out and having no sleep!!

Turns out even if I wanted to try I couldn't have cause I was on that many painkillers after birth it wouldnt have been possible!!

I like FFing cause it means I can have a break and I'm not the only one who has to get up every night Smile I know my OH enjoys feeding her too and I think its nice for him to share something personal with her xx
Love Bunny
Love Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo16 Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:17 pm

i think its nice that other people get to feed them aswell.
as for letting someone else get up in the night im single so have to dit it all anyway lol Very Happy xx
jojo16
jojo16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzles Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:51 pm

i FF from the start Smile
i couldnt even try breast anyway because i couldnt stay awake after the birth because of an injection i had meaning harriet was fed by bottle anyway because she was hungry. i didnt mind at all because her daddy loved being able to feed her and it was nice that people could feed her for me if i was sleeping etc.

at one point i remember wishing i had tried it but looking back it was definatley the best thing for us to do! still unsure about what i wil do this time x
Sazzles
Sazzles
Admin
Admin

http://youngbumps2babies.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KrisKitten Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:47 pm

All of my family BFed and altho loads of people questioned whether i would or not coz im young it never even crossed my mind i wouldnt.
Tbh i was very naive to how difficult it can be, but i was very very determined to do it.
I love BFing, and it was totally worth all the stress at the beginning imo.
For me it was always something i saw as part of me being a mother and now when i give tommy some EBM it looks so weird him taking a bottle lol.
I plan on BFing at least so long as so he never needs to take a bottle of formula...how long thatll be only time will tell lool xxxxx
KrisKitten
KrisKitten

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardbreath Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:48 pm

The second i found out i was Pregnant i knew Jaymee would be FF as i was her Dad was basically my entire family and his entire family. so I would of Had no one to ask for help. BFing is awesome if you can do it But i never even got my milk. Well i did but it dried up FAST. And I dont think i could BF in public i have this thing about my boobs . Im weird . Power to all the Moms who do BF . Your Awesome and alot Braver then I
lizardbreath
lizardbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by QuintinsMommy Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:52 pm

I FF from the start, I wanted to BF all pregnancy untill I was like 30 weeks plus, I just changed my mind, no idea why,but the idea of breast feeding made me feel super depressed..
A few day after when I got my milk in then it left I felt super depressed that I didn't try
now I'm happy I FF but next baby I think I'm going to try to BF

Smile
QuintinsMommy
QuintinsMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mumma2Mika Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:50 pm

I breast fed Mika for 20months. It just felt right to me, if i have built in milk makers why not use them lol. I'm very proud ot say that neither a bottle, formula or dummy has ever passed her lips, even during very bad post natal depression i still carried on feeding her myself. For me breast feeding was my time with Mika that no one else but her Mumma could have
Mumma2Mika
Mumma2Mika

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down