Young Bumps2Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Savings?!

5 posters

Go down

Savings?! Empty Savings?!

Post by ameerah Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:50 am

I am just wondering how everyone manages!!!

I get the impression that most of us are fairly young, single moms, and that most (?) of us get benefits. I know where I live I don't get much, and work part time to supplement my income and still don't have tons.

How do you all manage? Do you cut down or out everything for yourselves? Do you buy second hand clothes/toys? Do you get a lot of stuff that your child needs as gifts/from others?

Also, are you able to put money into savings for yourself/child or into an RESP for your child?
ameerah
ameerah

Back to top Go down

Savings?! Empty Re: Savings?!

Post by QuintinsMommy Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:16 pm

I'm on benefits so I don't have a savings Sad maybe one day. lol
QuintinsMommy
QuintinsMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by KrisKitten Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:09 am

Im from the UK so we get a voucher for £250 to start a savings account for our LOs
I also have aroun 10,000 in savings that have been built up for me since i was little, at the minute i have them in a high interest account.
Me, OH and LO are living with my parents for the time being and they r reasonably well off (luckily for me) so ythey r rlly supprting us and any spare money i have is going straight into mine or tommys savings.
Hopefully we r aiming to have and own our own place by the time he starts school - tho im going crazy living at home.
So far wev been relieing on other people buying his clothes lol but thats changing now - wev been lucky coz he was born in October so we were given all the newborn and 0-3 stuff, then it was xmas so we got plenty 3-6..on our own now tho lol
altho we did buy his 1st ever outfit Very Happy
xxxxxx
KrisKitten
KrisKitten

Back to top Go down

Post by flutterby Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:13 am

Unfortunately we don't have the chance to save, pretty much all our money goes on bills, food and clothes, hopefully we'll be able to in the future

flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post by bladesfan95 Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:46 pm

At the moment i put half my pocket money away so £10 a week so that when the baby comes i will have a little saved up , my mum is buyin the pram and cot

bladesfan95

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum