Young Bumps2Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Max's Birth :)

2 posters

Go down

Max's Birth :) Empty Max's Birth :)

Post by Sazzles Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:22 pm

Max's Birth :) 651890

-Max Aidan Lees (My Little Maxie Moo Laughing)
-16th June 2010.. 6 Days overdue
-Weighing 9lb exactly .. 8lb 14oz on day 5
- HC 36cm
- 7:54pm, born in the birthing pool using gas and air Smile

Okay, From the start...
Since i was overdue i had been getting loads of aches and cramps most nights but nothing indicating labour. Then on the night of the 15th i could not sleep at all. had cramps etc but nothing worse or more often then i already had been getting them. I seemed to be waking up every 20 or so minutes and noticed everytime i was getting up baby was moving around constantly! Thought nothing of it even though it seemed odd. So anyway woke up in the morning as usual, fed me and Harriet, went to the loo and noticed i had lost some plug and it was bloody. Started getting a bit exicted because i had been having an achy back since i had gotten up but just put it down to not being able to sleep and assuming all his moving had just put him in an akward position.
All through the day just had that backache, no contractions and lost a bit more bloody show. I convinced myself i would still be hanging on for my sweep on the 17th. But anyway went to bed praying something would happen.. and it did Wink
Couldnt sleep again! felt so achy but i couldnt decide if it was labour pains or just because baby was laying funny in my pelvis causing me to ache. So after a few hours of tossing and turning i decided to get up about 2:30am and realised yep it was contractions! about 7-8mins apart :happydance: tried not to get too excited and thought id just time them for a few hours first, but i texted my mum and OH just to let them know. So anyway they started getting closer together, like 4-5mins apart so i rang my mum who ordered me to ring labour ward haha really didnt want to because i was coping fine and i felt like a right pain ringing them, but they asked me to go in and be checked since my iron was so low i was told id need a canulla in as soon as i was officically in labour incase i needed a transfusion. So i ring oh tell him to get ready were picking him up rofl
Mum came over about 5am to wait for Harriet to get up and my dad drove us off to the hospital, i kept telling him to check his phone because he'd probably be back to pick us up in an hour rofl
Got to the room and MW confirmed the contractions were definately quite strong and regular (which i know anyway LOL) and said i was 3cm dilated :happydance::happydance: and that my waters were bulging with every contraction and that they would probably break soon! she told us to go for a walk round the hospital see if we can get them lasting longer as they would only be lasting about 30seconds. So after an hour of walking me and OH come back tell the midwife they are now lasting 40secs and are about 3 mins apart. We then went off for another walk because we were bored in the room, and the MW had said if nothing progressed really quickly we'd have to go over to the midwife led area and wait around for something to happen (i was in the consultant area at this point) so after our walk nothing seemed to change so off we went to Mw led about 11am.
Again the MW over there said we should either think about going home for a few hours (definately wasnt going to do that!) or go for lunch and try get thing moving again. By this point we were sick of walking round the bloody hospital but i was willing to do it if it ment he came out quicker haha. Baby must not have liked the sound of another walk because as soon i we set foot out the labour ward my contractions decided to last 50 seconds, and come every 2 mins! They got really sharp too and were bringing tears to my eyes. We only made it 'walking' for 30mins before i begged OH to take me back to the room haha! They were shocked to see me there so quickly but were pleased at how i was progressing now.
I had a student with me, she had followed my whole pregnancy and was so lovely, she sat and chatted with us the whole time, which was nice for OH to be able to talk to someone when i was in my own little world Wink
I got my gas and air about 1pm, and they decided my established labour started at 1:15pm, going by my contractions. They then called another MW to come put my canula in my hand and take some blood, which was fab compared to last time because i had my G&A to take my mind of it going in rofl and she sent off my bloods to check my iron count, which.. had gone up to 11 from 8!! :happydance: very pleased. I was then told i was going to be checkd for dialationg at 5:15pm.
So 5:15 came around, contractions were really getting uncomfy and were lasting well over a minute. Was checked and got told i was 6-7cm! They told me he would/should be here soon as she'd checked my previous pregnancy notes and it seems Harriet was born about an hour after i was 6cm! So inside i was very happy and excited, but from the outside i was in pain haha. I then remember them asking me if i would like to try going in the birthing pool, OH was convincing me to and i was just saying ''i dont know, i dont know'' but in the end i did Wink They werent even sure if id make it there in time LOL!
Got in the pool probably about 6ish, but other that feeling weightless (which was nice for a change) and it being warm, it didn really ease much of the pain. I still had my G&A going even though it was doing nothing for me at this point rofl in fact i think it hurt LESS when i just didnt use it, but i still did haha
the pool bit is all a bit hazy to me, but i know id have little urges to push and i felt like he just wasnt ever going to come out. i kept asking them if i could go straight home if he was born soon, to which the reply was, yes if everything is okay Sarah you can go home rofl i think they were trying to shut me up though haha because they also kept saying, just concentrate on getting this baby out first though yes. LOL! I dont remember the pushing part being that painful last time, the contractions were definately worse with Harriet but this time the pushing was the worst! At one point i kinda felt him almost come out then go back up Shocked i started crying because i thought he wasnt going to fit rofl but within the next few contractions i managed to get him out Very Happy!!
He was at a slight angle and at one point the MW's did actually think he could be stuck but he wasnt :happydance: but Maxie was born at 7:54pm and i got to hold him in the water straight away!
i couldnt believe how different he looked to Harriet, all his dark hair and he was so skinny! i kept saying omg he's tiny, i honestly thought hed wiegh less than she did but nope he was 9lb rofl hes just a lot shorter and skinner than she was, so he looks littler lol. :happydance:The first thing he did was open his blue eyes and jus stare around the room :cloud9: he needed a bit of shaking by the MW to get him to make a noise but other than that he was perfect! As soon as he made a noise i rang my mum to tell her! whilst i was still sat in the pool haha!
i had a 2nd degree tear so got a few stitches and im pretty sure she said something about my muscle 🤷 i dont remember to well because she told me when i was back on the G&A lol! She confirmed everything was fine and if i still wanted to go home and could get picked up i was allowed to. so my mum came about 10:30pm to fetch us and it was great! i just couldnt wait to get home again, i hadnt seen harriet properly since i put her to bed the day before :nope: and id been texting all day to see if she was okay. But on the way out of hospital everything went black and i pretty much collapsed in the corridor! so i got wheeled back to my room to be re checked, and monitored for an hour but everything was fine. She said it was up to me if i still wanted to go home but if i did i had to rest or stay in for the night and leave in the morning.. Of course i chose home.. i must admit i was slightly nervous i might faint when i was leaving again though. But in the end we arrived home about 1am with a wide awake Harriet - we had to pick her up from my mums on the way because my dad said she wouldnt sleep just wanted to play rofl but OH put her straight to bed and we decided we'd leave the meeting her new brother part till the morning. He didnt wake up that first night Smile but it was just amazing to have him here with us hours after he was born! I cant believe in a week how much he has changed already! and the times gone so quickly :nope:
Anyway im going to overload with pics now rofl sorry its so long 😊 i dont THINK i missed much out haha x
Newborn: and me and Max after i got my stitches lol
Max's Birth :) 25q9cmwMax's Birth :) Dfhgys
Me and my babies the first morning Smile and my little monkeys watching the football haha
Max's Birth :) S450m0Max's Birth :) 33uxxrm
Random Maxie ones Very Happy
Max's Birth :) 2mey52bMax's Birth :) 168uc1sMax's Birth :) 1hflw2Max's Birth :) 258s7khMax's Birth :) 10gd17t
Sazzles
Sazzles
Admin
Admin

http://youngbumps2babies.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Max's Birth :) Empty Re: Max's Birth :)

Post by SupriseBump_x Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:38 am

Aww well done hun! U did so well & hes gorgeous! I love you
SupriseBump_x
SupriseBump_x

Back to top Go down