Young Bumps2Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tommys Birth Story - a bit late lol :D

5 posters

Go down

Tommys Birth Story - a bit late lol :D Empty Tommys Birth Story - a bit late lol :D

Post by KrisKitten Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:02 pm

Well im a bit late witht he story but here goes, for prosteritys sake Very Happy
He was due on the 6th October 2009, on the 7th i woke up a around half 8 to strong tightening pains in my bump that i soon realised were getting more and more regular. I stuck it out at home with my parents and Cav until around 5 when the contractions were around 5 minutes or less apart called the hospital and was told to come in. At my first check she told me i was 3cm dilated. Once we got a room (about an hour n a half later) i was checked again and was 4 cm gone. I continued labouring using Gas &Air only, tho i don’t think it made much difference to the pain personally. I only liked it coz it gave me some sense of control iykwim? My waters broke whiel i was laying on the hosp bed at about 8/9 (lol its all a bit hazy) and my contractions were basically on top of each other. I was check and told i was about 8cm gone. Then not long after i was in so much pain i couldn’t handle the Gas & Air so gave up on it, i insisted i needed to push but the midwife didn’t believe i had dilated enough so soon so kept telling me i didn’t and telling me if i did i could damage myself and the baby. She scared me so i asked if there was anything i could do to stop it and she said the only thing was an epidural. I didn’t want it coz i didn’t want to be numb but i agreed coz i was delirious with the pain and was so scared of hurting baby. She rolled me over to do it and then apparently mouthed to my mum ‘i can see the head’.
Lol her tune suddenly changed and she was telling me i had to push with my next contraction, only by then i was so exhausted she said i wasn’t pushing hard enough ( Tommys Birth Story - a bit late lol :D Icon_evil )I was pushing with each, which was like twice a minute so i couldn’t get the strength for each one. He kept travelling down and back up and got kinda stuck on his way lol. She called in a consultant coz his HB was dropping but by the time he got there it was back up. He stuck around anyway (lol i cannot for the life of me remember wat the hell he looked like, all i remember was a blur telling me to push) and i was geting weaker so i stopped trying as hard. Then i heard him say the word episiotemy which scared the f*** outta me and i found new strength and with a cuple pushes he was out.
Apparently (i don’t remember this but cav assures me) all i kept saying was ‘my baby, thats my baby’ lol and my mum cut the cord.

So our son was born at 11:06pm on the 7th October 2009, after 14 hours of labour weighing 6lb 12oz, the next day we decided on his name Smile
So yups..that was the beggining of my little boys life Very Happy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
KrisKitten
KrisKitten

Back to top Go down

Tommys Birth Story - a bit late lol :D Empty Re: Tommys Birth Story - a bit late lol :D

Post by Love Bunny Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Sounds like he just slipped right out rofl ! lucky you ^_^ !!! Well done chika Smile xxx
Love Bunny
Love Bunny

Back to top Go down

Tommys Birth Story - a bit late lol :D Empty Re: Tommys Birth Story - a bit late lol :D

Post by flutterby Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Awww I love reading birth stories, I'll have to post mine, though they will be a bit blurry as it will be the first time I've done it!

flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzles Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:42 pm

aww you did very well hun Very Happy and tommys gorgeous.. very late congrats Smile
Sazzles
Sazzles
Admin
Admin

http://youngbumps2babies.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo16 Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:37 pm

hes gorgeous hun well done. i still cant believe you only had like 7 weeks to get your head round it all xx
jojo16
jojo16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down