Young Bumps2Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Baby,New Puppy?

3 posters

Go down

New Baby,New Puppy? Empty New Baby,New Puppy?

Post by QuintinsMommy Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:01 am

sooo... I had a dog for 3 years but when I moved into my own apartment it was like hell..He couldn't be left alone, he would cry for hours if someone came over and left, he would pee in the house and bite people.... a week after Quintin was born I had to get rid of him New Baby,New Puppy? Icon_pale it was the hardest thing giving up my dog. The dog loved Quin, but I just couldn't deal with the dog crying more then the baby, so I gave him to rescue to find him a new home and work with his behavior issues they sent him to dog training, and such..

anyway... now I'm super sad without a dog, I've always had one...

soo my mom bought a puppy yesterday and I saw one I liked I came so close to buying him..lol..
is it a bad idea?
QuintinsMommy
QuintinsMommy

Back to top Go down

New Baby,New Puppy? Empty Re: New Baby,New Puppy?

Post by Sazzles Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 pm

i dont think so Very Happy

you sound like you have experience as a dog owner and if you think your capable of having a baby and puppy then i say go for it Very Happy

x
Sazzles
Sazzles
Admin
Admin

http://youngbumps2babies.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil' Bug Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:36 pm

My boyfriend and I both wanted a dog, mostly so I'd have company while Bob is away. We were both vey unsure at first since we thought it would be overwhelming with both a new dog and a new baby on the way. With careful thought and planning we later decided to adopt an older rescue dog, and its proven to be the best thing we could have done! Hes absolutely amazing, like he understands I'm pregnant and needs a little extra care. He follows me everywhere, checks on me if I grab a quick shower, sleeps in bed with me every night and he even pays careful attention to my tummy to be sure he isn't too rough! My only suggestion would be to maybe look into getting an older dog! That way you have a better understanding of their temperment and how they are towards children, whereas with a puppy its difficult to assume what kind of temperment they will have as they get older. Also older dogs tend to be housebroken and trained therefore you don't need to put forth as much time and effort, especially since your attention is mostly consumed by the little one! Not only did we get the dog we wanted but it felt great to adopt an older dog that had been at the adoption centre for such a long time and really wanted a home! I'd say go for it!
Lil' Bug
Lil' Bug

Back to top Go down

Post by QuintinsMommy Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:35 pm

awe that sounds wonderful lilbug
QuintinsMommy
QuintinsMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down